Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reading the clues

For a sum of money, translators can buy a list of translation agency addresses to spam with their CVs. This is not the famous one that has been around for quite some time, but a new one. Some linguistic clues on their website allude to the established one, so I suppose they are trying to imitate the success of the original.

Is it worth it? Judge for yourself. I find another certain linguistic clue quite telling about their attitude to quality. From their FAQ:
Are there any hidden fee's?

No, you will only pay for the database one time and you will have access to the guide for life. There are no hidden or recurring fee's. We don't feel it's very professional to have hidden fees.


Well, personally, I don't feel it's very professional to show a total lack of understanding of apostrophes if you're selling a language-related service.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2008 9:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I am one of those who gets spammed by people who buy those lists. They offer me services into exotic languages, and I've lost the desire to respond, because those translators are so lazy they don't ever bother to check my website, where it says I don't outsource... :)

P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home